Ad

Sunday 31 July 2016

Leicester’s Jamie Vardy breaks silence on why he snubbed Arsenal [Sun]

Jamie Vardy speaks
The Sun on Sunday have quotes from Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy about why he decided not to move to Arsenal earlier in the summer.

The Gunners posted an official bid with the Premier League champions, which met Vardy’s release clause in his contract.
However, after a few days of thinking about things, Vardy opted to remain at the King Power Stadium.

The 29-year-old has now broken his silence about the Arsenal offer, revealing that neither Arsene Wenger nor anyone else from Arsenal spoke to him directly during the talks.

Vardy on Arsenal snub
The Leicester striker has stated the following about why he rejected Arsenal:
I’ve always said the brotherhood at Leicester is unbelievable. Personally I feel I have a lot of unfinished business here.

It wasn’t that big a decision, it was quite easy, this is where I wanted to be.
I was away with England. No [I never spoke with Arsenal].
Vardy also briefly discussed the future of Riyad Mahrez, who has also been linked with a move to Arsenal:

I think everyone in the squad would want him [Mahrez] here playing with us.
But it’s nothing to do with us, it’s up to Riyad and the club to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment